Practical Information

Are you looking for an apartment in Berlin? Are you wondering whether you need a visa or health insurance to participate in the Humboldt Internship Program? We have compiled the most important information for your smooth stay in Berlin. All students admitted to the program will receive further advice, assistance and information.


You can find out whether you need a visa for your visit to Germany on the Federal Foreign Office website under visa requirements. If you need a visa, we will be happy to issue an official letter of invitation after you have registered for the Humboldt Internship Program. This can be sent to you by post or e-mail.


Unfortunately, Humboldt-Universität does not provide accommodation for participants of the Humboldt Internship Program. However, once you have been admitted to the program, we will provide recommendations and links to help you find an apartment or room in a shared flat in Berlin.


All students enrolled in a German university are required to have health insurance - this also applies to you as a guest student. Proof of health insurance may be required when you apply for a visa, but at the latest, when you enrol at Humboldt-Universität. Therefore, please opt for suitable health insurance with your home or German health insurance company before you arrive in Berlin.

Further information on health insurance can be found on this web page.